Faculty of Information Technology
Brno University of Technology
612 66 Brno
Tel: +420 5 4114 1144
Brno has an international airport, but the number
of available flight destinations is limited.
International airports in Prague
and Vienna, which are served by most airlines, have a good bus
connection to Brno served by Student
- Airport Brno-Tuoany - You will find all flight
information at www.brno-airport.cz.
To/From the Airport Brno you can get very simply from the very
centre of the City of Brno in the day and night with Public Transport.
- Václav Havel Airport Prague-Ruzyn`i (225 km) - You can use
bus connection from Ruzyn`i to Brno with
Student Agency buses
(recommended). The bus station can be find directly at the terminal.
Note that you must change buses at the bus station Florenc in Prague,
but you buy only one ticket for the whole trip at the airport.
- Airport Vienna-Schwechat (130km) - We
also recommend to use Student
Agency buses. You can find the bus station directly at the
terminal and it will get you to Brno.
- Airport Bratislava (120km) - Brno can be reached
by bus or train. But you have to travel from airport to city
center to get the bus or train.
Enter "Bozetechova 2, Brno" to your navigation.
From Prague (Praha)
- On D1, take the 1st Brno exit: Brno-zapad (Brno-west).
- Go straight ahead, you will pass through a tunnel. At the exit
from the tunnel, follow the signs "Svitavy".
- Go straight ahead, the road will shrink to 2-lane when going
around the river, then become 4-lane again. Follow "Svitavy"
all the time.
- When coming to the 2nd tunnel, stay in the right lane. At the
end, follow "Svitavy" - this will make you do a
right turn and then a U-turn.
- Take the first exit following the U-turn. At the top of the
ramp (traffic lights), turn left. On the next lights, go straight
ahead, on the next ones - to the right. You are now on
Bozetechova, the new FIT building is on your left, the old one
(monastery) is on your right.
- Take the 1st left (Metodejova street) and immediately left -
this is the entrance of FIT underground parking.
From Vienna (Viden)
FIT is located in "Kralovo Pole" at the north of Brno, which
means exactly opposite direction to Vienna. This itinerary describes
a bit longer, but surely faster way around Brno rather than through
- After the sign "Brno", continue a few kilometers until you
see highway signs "Praha" - E50, D1.
- Take the highway exit "Praha" (involves a 270 degree turn).
- Go a few kilometers west on the D1 highway, take the 1st exit:
- Continue from point 2. above in the directions for Prague.
Parking at FIT
At the entrance of underground parking:
- Call someone at FIT to announce that you have arrived and that
you will need to be picked from the underground parking or
- Ring the bell "Vratnice", this will connect you to the reception
(however, regular duty doesn't speak english).
- Get ticket: 25 CZK ticket in a Tobacco shop (Tabak) or orange
vending machines at stops - it is good for 60 minute ride, which
is well enough. Stamp it once in the tram. Tickets can be bought
also from drivers but you need exact change and they're a bit
- From main train station (Hlavni nadrazi) to FIT: take tram No.
1 in front of the station, direction Reckovice. Get off at the stop
- Go a bit back and go downhill (street Metodejova) some 200m.
You'll have a baroque church in front of you. The nice new glassy building
on your right side is FIT building L, the entrance is some 50m on your right.