Quantum Programming Workshop
FIT BUT 29.-31.5.2019
FIT BUT is hosting three-day long QDrive workshops on the basics of quantum computing and quantum programming sponsored by QLatvia - a Latvia quantum educating initiative of the Center for Quantum Computer Science (directed by Prof. Andris Ambainis).
Schedule (two workshops will be held in Brno):
Both seminars are open for students from both universities and also for professional public with appropriate background in IT. Use this application form, if you are interested visiting the workshop. Seminars are free of charge. The capacity of each workshop is limited to 30 participants. Both workshops are still open to enrol.
- May 29-31 at FIT BUT, Bozetechova 1/2, 612 66 Brno
- June 17-19 at FI MUNI, Botanická 68A, 602 00 Brno
Workshop outline, May 29-31 at FIT BUT, Bozetechova 1/2, 612 66 Brno
Introductory presentation, May 29, 09:30 - 10:30, room E112
- Probabilistic bits, coin-flipping, biased coins, probabilistic states, and probabilistic operators
- Quantum programs as circuits: registers, gates, measurements, execution, and reading the outcomes
- Quantum coin-flipping (Hadamard) and quantum bits (qubits)
- Quantum states, superposition, and quantum operators
- Entanglement, superdense coding, and phase kick-back
- Rotations, reflections, and emulation of Grovers search
Preliminary steps See the workshop outline for more information about preliminary steps (installation of Qiskit etc.), required before attending the workshop.