Robotic research group Robo@FIT
Robotic research group at FIT focuses on the development of advanced methods of autonomous intelligent systems and mobile platforms, processing and fusion of sensory data, creating dynamic 3D models of the environment, intelligent decisions and mission planning, knowledge management, multi-agent systems and advanced human-robot interaction systems.
- Sensory data processing and fusion
- Object detection and classification
- Localization and mapping
- 3D environment modelling
- Advanced and assistive user interfaces
Current research themes
Robotic research group at FIT focuses is currently engaged in research into human-robot interaction, especially in shared-space collaborative environments in the programming, parametrization, or revision of production procedures using augmented reality.
In the area of safe human-robot interaction, we offer collaboration to solve the tasks of programming and inspection of collaborative robot procedures in Industry 4.0 with the use of mobile devices and augmented reality.
- On October 29, 2014, Robo@FIT group organized ROS workshop 2015 - annual seminar of practical experiences with ROS platform.
- On October 29, 2014, Robo@FIT group organized ROS workshop 2014 - annual seminar of practical experiences with ROS platform.
- On May 22, 2014, the Faculty of Information Technology BUT organized the Robo@FIT Open Day event, which showcased robotic platforms - from the ground to the air - along with sample applications on these platforms, including laboratory equipment and selected results of the robotic research group and student works.
The event was attended by over 50 visitors, among whom were also students from other Brno universities, representatives of companies and the general public.
- Getting started in Robotics&ROS - second workshop providing practical basics to ROS platform
- TurtleBot2 & ROS - workshop introducing ROS framework and experimental robotic platform TurtleBut