Branch of Study
Computer Science and Engineering
|Degree programme: ||Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Master, 3-years|
|Form of study: ||attended|
|The enlistment of the branch into a study program:|
The Computer Science and Enginering Branch is the only one branch of the Follow-Up Master Study Program Computer Science and Engineering. Rules are the same as presented at a program card.
The aim of the Follow-Up Master Study Program Electrical Engineering and Computer Science is to prepare alumni who are able to work in reseach and design, and to use both hardware and software systems on a high professional level. Alumni are Engineering of Computer-Based Systems (ECBS) scientists and designers. This program is instructed in Czech only.
|Extent of the final state examinations:|
The State Final Examination has written and oral parts. The written part is an elaboration of a Master Thesis. The oral part is a defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected compulsory courses which are Advanced Computer Architectures, Digital and Impulse Circuits, Database Systems, Modelling and Simulation, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Programming Languages, Data Communications and Computer Networks, Theoretical Computer Science 1, Artificial Intelligence, Computability and Complexity, Computer Organization and Architecture, Principles of Computer Graphics and Principles of Compiler Design. The discussion will be held on two topics.
Alumni of the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Branch are able to design, and to use both hardware and software systems on a high professional level. Alumni are ECBS (Engineering of Computer-Based Systems) scientists and designers.
|Content and quantification of professional practice:|
Special practice in research institutions and companies is not prescribed.
|Possible themes of final projects:|
- Modelling and Simulation of Linear and Nonlinear Circuits.
- SFC Language Hierarchical Retargetable Editor With Petri Nets Generator.
- Interpreting Compiler of Stochastic Attributed L-Systems Supporting 3D and VRML.
- Attendance System Based on Smart Cards.
- Building of Professional Technical Documentation Using System DocBook.
- Visualization of Systems Described by Partial Differential Equations.
- ANSI-C Compiler Into Extended-Java Bytecode.
- Building of General Hypertext Documents Using XML Language.
- Fingerprint Recognition Using a Neural Network.
- Compiler of an Extended Java Bytecode for Architecture Derived from NS COP8.