|Study programme: ||Information Technology, Msc., 2-years|
|Form of study: ||attended|
|The enlistment of the specialisation into a study program:|
Study specialization in Information Systems (MIS for short in Czech) is instructed in Czech only.
It is the branch of the Information Technology Follow-Up Master Study Program. It is under the control of common rules, conditions and criteria, which are defined in detail in the common part of the accreditation documentation of that study program and also by common ruling and directives of the BUT, especially those of the FIT BUT, as presented at internet addresses www.vutbr.cz and www.fit.vutbr.cz.
To make students familiar with theory, technologies and procedures used in information system development, and to learn them to develop such systems applying advanced development tools and technologies. In compulsory courses, students deepen their knowledge received in a Bachelor Study Program mainly in database and information systems, operating systems, computer networks, and computer graphics. Attention is also paid to information systems security. Selecting optional courses, the student can deepen his/her theoretical knowledge in such areas as formal specification or cryptography or can prefer more practically-oriented courses as Internet and distributed application development.
|Extent of the final state examinations:|
The State Final Examination has two parts: A defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Information Systems" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MIS Branch of Study as Hardware/Software Codesign, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Advanced Database Systems, Computer Graphics, Intelligent Systems, Theoretical Computer Science, Data Communications, Computer Networks and Protocols, Advanced Operating Systems, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Information Systems Analysis and Design, Information System Security and Advanced Information Systems. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.
- The graduate has good insight into components and architectures of information systems, technologies and important standards, can integrate hardware and software products in information system development.
- The graduate is ready for development, operation and management of information systems, further for research and development work in the area of methods, tools and technologies for software applications and software systems. He/she understands principles of project control and is able to apply them at the development, design and in application of software systems in networked environment. He/she is able to work individually or in a team, present the results in written or oral form and further educate him/her-self.
- A carrier is possible in professions like software and information system developer, system integrator, programmer, database and information system administrator, and security manager. Graduates in this specialization will use their education in development and research divisions of companies dealing with methods, tools and technologies for software system development and further in companies, which information systems operate only, e.g. in state and local bodies, in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
|Content and quantification of professional practice:|
It is not required.
|Possible themes of final projects:|
- Integration of Enterprise Applications
- Informational Web Portal of Student Organizations
- Transaction Server in .NET Environment
- Association Rule Discovery in Databases
- Knowledge Discovery in Databases and Its Application in Texture Analysis
- Semiparallel Generation of Languages
- Distributed Translation
- A functional Extension of the IBM Personal Communications Using Java API
- Safe P2P Internet Communicator Working Behinds Firewalls
- Software Support of Software Process Assessment