|Language of Instruction:||English|
- This course is prepared for Erasmus+ and other exchange incoming international students
enrolled at the FIT: An international student can register this course,
but the final enrollment of the DIPe course depends on the availability
of a supervisor who must be appointed before signing the Learning
Agreement. A student interested in this course is required to send
his/her Transcript of Records forthwith and specify the area(s) of
his/her interest in his/her final thesis by email to Ms Studena well in advance.
and signed assignment on a paper has to be inserted into a thesis after
the title page before bookbinding. The assignment can be picked up from
the thesis supervisor.
- Technical report (printed thesis) has to be handed in at the office C208/C209 before 2018-05-23 14:00.
full text of the thesis in PDF format with the abstract and keywords
must be saved into IS FIT with the printed version of the thesis.
- Supervisor assessment and the review of the thesis will be accessible in the IS FIT at least 3 days before defenses.
can be up to 8 minutes long. It is necessary to have a presentation on a
virus-free USB Flash (other media are not allowed, own notebook,
speakers or other supplementary resources are impermissible). Please do
not use white font on black background and / or slides decorated with
unrelated icons, images or some weird patterns. If someone needs to
present multimedia realisation outputs, it is necessary to have them
integrated into the presentation. The media need to be run from
presentation directly and have to run on an average notebook without any
additional accessories. Time to run the video and playing time are
included in the standard presentation time. Each slide should be
numbered with "slide number / total number of slides". If the thesis
review contains questions, it is highly recommended to prepare them with
your responses and related pictures on the additional unnumbered slides
after the end of the presentation. You will be asked to respond them
after the reading of the review.
- The credit will be given at the
base of submission of the thesis and defense of the thesis in front of
commission, which will take place from 2018-06-04 to 2018-06-08. If the
thesis is not submitted in the term, credit will not be given and
consequently the thesis will be classified zero points FAILED.
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantor:||Růžička Richard, doc. Ing., Ph.D., MBA, DCSY|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
| || ||The goal of this course is to support the individual student work during the engineering project solving and its formal description.|
| || ||Students will receive an individual project specification from various computer science areas in order to work them out individually under the supervision of selected supervisor from academic stuff of faculty. Students will proceed as follows: problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, documentation, presentation. During their work, the students will follow all the required instructions concerning requests on contents and volume of the project, the project adjustment, the literature, the language quality and written report typography as well as project parts consigned in the electronic form. MSc Project/Thesis is defended in front of the comission.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||The compulsory prerequisity is to be successful in the course "SEPe - Term Project Abroad".|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Knowledge and experience with engineering project building, its documentation, and defence.|
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
| ||Consultations/seminars about the problems of solved project with a supervisor.|
- A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013, ISBN 978-1-935589-67-9.
- ISO 2145:1978: Documentation - Numbering of divisions and subdivisions in written documents.
- ISO 7144:1986: Documentation - Presentation of theses and similar documents.
- ISO 690:2010: Information and documentation -- Guidelines for bibliographic references and citations to information resources.
| || ||Consultations with student's supervisor. Sending of technical report to student's supervisor in adequate time before submission.|
| || ||To meet the prerequisite conditions, submission of technical report and realization output in prescribed date and defense of the thesis in front of commission.|
Submitted results must meet these requirements:
In order to gain a credit it is necessary to gain at least 50 points from 100 during the defence.
- Cover and title page must be created according to BUT decrees (LaTeX template can be used).
- Extent of technical report must be at least 50 standard pages (usually 80 - 100, no more than 120)
- Final version of thesis and realisation output have to be consulted with supervisor in agreed time before submission.
- Electronic and printed version must be the same.
- Source and resulting version of the technical report and the source and executable version of realisation output must be on included CD/DVD, SD card or thin USB Flash.