|Code:||MA2 (FP makP)|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Kučerová Vladimíra, Ing., Ph.D., IE|
|Lecturer:||Kučerová Vladimíra, Ing., Ph.D., IE|
|Instructor:||Kučerová Vladimíra, Ing., Ph.D., IE|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business and Management BUT|
| || ||The main objective of the course is enlargement of macroeconomic knowledge and intensifying of students' abilities in understanding and solving of actual economics problems.|
| || ||Subject Macroeconomics 2 is the advanced form of the subject Macroeconomics, which is taught in bachelor study program. The goal is the enlargement of economic knowledge, mainly focused on macroeconomic theories. The main topics of the subject are aggregate indicators, the macroeconomic equilibrium including the models of economic equilibrium, the theory of the factor market, money market, business policy and actual economic questions.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||The knowledge of Macroeconomics, Microeconomics and Econometrics is expected.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||After finishing the course students should be able to understand theoretical basis and principles of economics, in context of contemporary problems.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- The economy of the main stream.
- Quantitative theory - neutrality of money.
- The theory of money, value, price, utility and costs, the marginal theory.
- The theory of capital, interest rates, savings, investment and investment multiplier.
- Imperfect competition, the theory of monopoly, the theory of wealth and externalities.
- The international division of labour, theory of international trade and exchange rates theory.
- The theory of business cycle, real and monetary cycles, economics growth and the models of economics growth (Solow's model of the economic growth, Cob-Douglas's production function).
- The macroeconomic equilibrium, models SI - LL, IS - LM, CC - BB and Modigliani's model.
- Business policy, the business policy failures, reasons and solutions of the economics recessions.
- The theory of human capital, economics in relation to political and sociological questions.
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
- Introduction to the course, repeating the elementary macroeconomic knowledge.
- Quantity theory of money, transmission mechanism.
- Market for loanable funds.
- External equilibrum state, net exports and imports of capital, exchange rates.
- Model Keynesian cross and IS curve design.
- LM curve and IS-LM model for a small open a small closed economy.
| || ||Control of students' attendance and results is fully in competence of the teacher.|