Selected Problems of Digital Systems Testing
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2008/2009 (Not opened)|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Kotásek Zdeněk, doc. Ing., CSc., DCSY|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Computer Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To gain a knowledge from the area of applying diagnostic principles in the design of modern electronic systems.|
| || ||In the course, the problems of modern diagnostics and the way in which they are implemented into the design of digital systems will be presented. The topics of system diagnostics which can be used in the design of multiprocessor systems will be discussed. The field of fault tolerant systems design together with the ideas how FPGA dynamic reconfiguration can be used in this area will be presented. The principles of implementing diagnostic principles for nanotechnologies will be also mentioned. The area of SoC testing will be discussed. |
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||The ability to implement the knowledge from the area of diagnostics in the design of electronic systems.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- The development of testing methods, the context with technology.
- Basic principles of digital systems testing, SCAN and BIST methods.
- Multiprocessor systems testing.
- Design of fault-tolerant systems.
- On-line and off-line testing in fault-tolerant system design.
- FPGA dynamic reconfiguration in fault-tolerant systems design.
- SoC testing methods.
- NoC testing methods.
- Embedded systems testing, low-power testing.
- Delay faults testing.
- Analog and mixed systems testing.
- Methods based on IDDQ testing.
- Diagnostic principles in nanotechnologies.
- Erik Larsson: Introduction to Advanced System-on-Chip Test Design and Optimization, Springer, 2005, 388 pages, ISBN 10 1-4020-3207-2
- Michael L. Bushnell, Vishwani D. Agrawal: Essentials of Electronic Testing for Digital, Memory and Mixed-Signal VLSI Circuits, Springer, 690 pages, ISBN 0-7923-7991-8
- Ondřej Novák, Elena Gramatová, Raimund Ubar and collective: Handbook of Testing Electronic Systems, Czech Technical University Publishing House, 2005, 395 pages, ISBN 80-01-03318-X
| || ||Texts of lectures.|
| || ||Discussions on seminars for PhD students, written report. |