|Language of Instruction:||English|
|Guarantor:||Růžička Richard, doc. Ing., Ph.D., MBA (DCSY)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
| || ||The goal of this course is to support the individual student work during the engineering project solving and its formal description.|
| || ||Students will receive an individual project specification from various computer science areas in order to work them out individually under the supervision of selected supervisor from academic stuff of faculty. Students will proceed as follows: problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, documentation, presentation. During their work, the students will follow all the required instructions concerning requests on contents and volume of the project, the project adjustment, the literature, the language quality and written report typography as well as project parts consigned in the electronic form. MSc Project/Thesis is defended in front of the comission.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Wide knowledge of information technology basics.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Knowledge and experience with engineering project building, its documentation, and defence.|
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
| ||Consultations/seminars about the problems of solved project with a supervisor.|
- A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013, ISBN 978-1-935589-67-9.
- ISO 2145:1978: Documentation - Numbering of divisions and subdivisions in written documents.
- ISO 7144:1986: Documentation - Presentation of theses and similar documents.
- ISO 690:2010: Information and documentation -- Guidelines for bibliographic references and citations to information resources.
| || ||Consultations with student's supervisor. Sending of technical report to student's supervisor in adequate time before submission.|
| || ||To meet the prerequisite conditions, submission of technical report and realization output in prescribed date and defense of the thesis in front of commission.|
Submitted results must meet these requirements:
In order to gain a credit it is necessary to gain at least 50 points from 100 during the defence.
- Cover and title page must be created according to BUT decrees (LaTeX template can be used).
- Extent of technical report must be at least 50 standard pages (usually 80 - 100, no more than 120)
- Final version of thesis and realisation output have to be consulted with supervisor in agreed time before submission.
- Electronic and printed version must be the same and a signed declaration of compliance must be submitted.
- Source and resulting version of the technical report and the source and executable version of realisation output must be on included CD/DVD, SD card or thin USB Flash.