Project Practice 1
|Language of Instruction:||English|
- This course is prepared for Erasmus+ and other exchange incoming international students
enrolled at the FIT: An international student can register this course,
but the final enrollment of the IBTe course depends on the availability
of a supervisor who must be appointed before signing the Learning
Agreement. A student interested in this course is required to send
his/her Transcript of Records forthwith and specify the area(s) of
his/her interest in his/her final thesis by email to Ms Studena well in advance.
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantor:||Hruška Tomáš, prof. Ing., CSc., DIFS|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To make talented bachelor students familiar with the basis of research work
by participating in different projects conducted by research
and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.|
| || |
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the bachelor's
thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous
practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
|List of available topics:|
| || |
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
| || ||A student works on the assigned task according to his/her
supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend
regular consultations with the supervisor.|
| || ||Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be able to continue in the follow-up course "IP2e - Project practice 2".|