Project Practice 1 (in English)
|Language of Instruction:||English|
|Guarantor:||Hruška Tomáš, prof. Ing., CSc. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Burget Radek, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Bidlo Michal, Ing., Ph.D. (DCSY)|
Černocký Jan, doc. Dr. Ing. (DCGM)
Janoušek Vladimír, doc. Ing., Ph.D. (DITS)
Kolář Dušan, doc. Dr. Ing. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To make talented bachelor students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by research
groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.|
| || |
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the bachelor's
thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous
practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
|Why is the course taught:|
| || ||There is an elective course. It allows already during study in the frame of a tution to take part in a real project solution which are usually directed to academical workers and doctoral students. The course is teaching because it allows for talented students to work with top technologies and solutions already during the study. Further it allows students to write reports of their work and to defend them.|
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
|List of available topics:|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||Crowd Movement and Size Estimation from Video|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||People Detection and Tracking in Video|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||People Movement Analysis in the Crowd in Video|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||Person Identification in Video Based on Facial Features|
|Lengál Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D.||UITS||Formal Verification of Computer Programs|
|Smrčka Aleš, Ing., Ph.D.||UITS||Experimental Evaluation of ANaConDA Framework|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||UPGM||Information Extraction from Text|
|Smrž Pavel, doc. RNDr., Ph.D.||UPGM||Opinion Extraction from Social Networks, Blogs and Discussions|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Adaptive Cruise Control in Cars|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY|
Modern operating systems (OS) must meet many requirements not only in terms of flexibility and efficiency of their execution on recent computing platforms, but also in terms of dependability of their kernels and services they provide to the application layer. The aim of the project is:
- To analyze the actual state in the area of dependability of OS kernels / services,
- to identify (in terms of dependability) negative effects and their impact to dependability of the application layer,
- to propose a method for increasing dependability of OS kernels / services,
- to evaluate an impact of the method to dependability of OS kernels / services and operation of the application layer.
The project can be oriented into various directions, such as low-power applications / OS or application / OS designed to run in an embedded or a multi-core environment. During the project, a "conventional" OS such as Unix, Linux, Android, Windows, iOS or a specialized OS such as QNX, uC/OS-I (II, III), FreeRTOS, MQX can be utilized.
- Any previous experience with programming an embedded application, an application for an operating system (OS) or internals of an OS kernel is welcome.
- Active interest in the topic, creativity, ability to solve problems independently as well as ability to (self) study are strongly recommended.
For more information about the project, please contact Mr. Josef Strnadel (L332 room, email@example.com).
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Effect of ABS to Behavior of Vehicle|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Fault Injection Based on QEMU|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Management of Intelligent Traffic Lights|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Modelling and Analysis of Fault-Tolerant Systems|
|Vojnar Tomáš, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||UITS||Static Analysis in Facebook Infer|
|Vojnar Tomáš, prof. Ing., Ph.D.||UITS||Static Analysis in FramaC|
| || |
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
| || ||A student works on the assigned task according to his/her
supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend
regular consultations with the supervisor.|
| || ||Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written
report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least
10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student
presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The
head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100
points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the
submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at
least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be
able to continue in the follow-up course "IP2e - Project practice 2".|