Project Practice 1
|Ac.Year:||2019/2020 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Hruška Tomáš, prof. Ing., CSc. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Burget Radek, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Bidlo Michal, Ing., Ph.D. (DCSY)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To make talented students familiar with the basis of research
work by participating in different projects conducted by research
groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.|
| || |
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their
projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous
practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
|Why is the course taught:|
| || ||There is an elective course. It allows already during study in the frame
of a tution to take part in a real project solution which are usually
directed to academical workers and doctoral students. The course is
teaching because it allows for talented students to work with top
technologies and solutions already during the study. Further it allows
students to write reports of their work and to defend them.|
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
| || |
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
| || ||A student works on the assigned task according to his/her
supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend
regular consultations with the supervisor.|
| || ||Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written
report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least
10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student
presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The
head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100
points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the
submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at
least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be
able to continue in the follow-up course Project practice.|