|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Eysselt Miloš, Ing., CSc., DCSY|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
The goal of this course is to support the individual creative student work during the engineering project solving and its formal description.
Students will receive an individual project specification from various computer science areas in order to work them out individually under the supervising of some skilled leaders. Students will proceed as follows: problem analysis, solution, verification, implementation, documentation, presentation. During their work, the students will follow all the required instructions concerning requests on contents and volume of the project, the project adjustment, the literature, the language quality and written report typography as well as project parts consigned in the electronic form. MSc project is defended in front of the examination board at the end of the study.
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
The hard prerequisity is the class credit in the course "SEP - Term Project".
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
Knowledge and experience with engineering project building, its documentation, and defense.
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
Seminars about the solved projects.|
- Duncan, W.R.: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Project Management Institute, 1996, Standarts Comittee, 176 s., ISBN 1-880410-16-3
- ISO 2145:1978: Documentation - Numbering of divisions and subdivisions in written documents.
- ISO 7144:1986: Documentation - Presentation of theses and similar documents.
- ISO 690:1987: Documentation - Bibliographic references. Content, form and structure.
- How to write the MSc Thesis (in Czech only).
To be successful with the prerequisity conditions, activity during semester work and a supervisor's "yes".