Integration of Telecommunication Networks and Services
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Kapoun Vladimír, doc. Ing., CSc. (UTKO)|
|Lecturer:||Kapoun Vladimír, doc. Ing., CSc. (UTKO)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Telecommunications FEEC BUT|
| || ||Giving a complete overview of all transmission and switching parts of a telecommunication network that enable their integration on digital principles. Emphasizing the advantages of service integration using the qualitative and quantitative network parameters.|
| || ||Basic concepts and problems of equipment and service integration. Telecommunication networks classification, their types and properties. Digitization in transmission technology, modulation and quality in transmission technology. Plesiochronous and synchronous digital hierarchy. Digitization in switching technology. Digital switching field. Service systems and their parameters for the determination of service quality. External control of the network and signalling systems. Internal control of the network, synchronization and the telecommunication control network. Conversion from analog to digital networks. Terminal equipment, types and properties from the viewpoint of its possible integration.. Narrowband and broadband integrated services. ATM as one of the service integration tools. Intelligent networks.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Overall overview of the possibilities of solving the integration of telecommunication network technologies and services with an evaluation of the integration effects.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Basic concepts and problems of technology and service integration.
- Networks classification, types and properties.
- Digitization in transmission technology. Modulation and quality in transmission technology.
- Hierarchy of transmission technology. PDH, SDH.
- Digitalization in switching technology. Types and functions of digital switches.
- Quality in switching technology. Service systems and their parameters.
- External network control. Signalling systems.
- Internal network control, synchronization.
- Internal network control. TMN.
- Network integration. Conversion from analog to digital networks. Interfaces.
- Terminal equipment, types and properties.
- Narrowband and broadband integrated services.
- Prospective switching and transmission. ATM. Intelligent networks.