Implementing Secure Converged WANs (CCNP2)
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2009/2010 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Čejka Rudolf, Ing. (CC)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||Technologies for secure remote access - cable technology, DSL (PPPoE, PPPoA). MPLS architecture and configuration. Building VPN using MPLS. IPSec architecture, VPN using IPSec. GRE tunnelling. Securing network devices. AAA architecture. IOS protection. Packet inspection and filtering, IDS and IPS.|
| || ||The course covers modern technologies for secure remote access through Internet using cable modems and DSL. It also describes MPLS transmission in WAN, VPN building using MPLS, IPSec, and GRE. It includes network device security, AAA architecture, packet filtering and IDS/IPS devices.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Students are expected to have knowledge of CCNA Exploration 4, or certification exam CCNA 804-802.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will learn technologies for remote access. They will learn how to configure cable modem and DSL. They will understand MPLS and its implementation in Cisco routers. They will learn how to configure VPN using MPLS, IPSec, and GRE. They will get acquainted how to secure network devices, and AAA architecture. They will learn how to configure packet filtering and IPS/IDS devices.|
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will understand technologies for remote access into Internet and secure data transmission over Internet using VPN technology. They will learn how to configure VPN and how to secure network devices. Course
knowledge and experience cover requirements of Cisco certification
exam 642-825 ISCW.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Remote access - requirements, technologies.
- Cable access. DSL, PPPoE, PPPoA.
- MPLS Architecture.
- IPSec VPN networks.
- GRE tunnelling, high availability.
- Securing network devices.
- AAA architecture, implementation.
- Packet filtering, firewalls.
- Securing IOS. IDS and IPS devices.
- Case study presentation.
- Skills exam. Final test.
| ||B. Morgan, N. Lovering: CCNP ICSW Official Exam Certification Guide, 4th Edition. Cisco Press, 2008.|
- Lecture notes in English.
- Documents and examples available on the Web portal Academy Online.
| || |
- Compulsory laboratory work.
- Passing all module tests with the minimum score 80%.
- Oral presentation of seminary work.
| || |
- Continuous tests via e-learning (min 80%).
- Practical skills test - 40 points.
- Final test - 40 points.
- Seminary work + presentation - 20 points.
| || |
- Labs attendance
- Passing modular tests with the minimum score 80%
- Elaboration of seminary work and its presentation.