Building Multilayer Switched Networks (CCNP3)
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||Building multilayer switched networks. VLAN networks. STP and RSTP implementation. High availability using HSRP and GLBP. Power over Ethernet for IP telephony. Wireless VLAN networks. Switch security.|
| || ||The course covers switch configuration on layers 2 and 3 and VLAN configuration. It includes STP an RSTP implementation, high availability and redundancy in LANs. Students will learn about transmission of power over Ethernet and how to build Wireless VLANs. One topic covers switch security against common attacks.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Students are expected to have knowledge of CCNA Exploration 4, or certification exam CCNA 804-802.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will learn how to configure L2 and L3 switches, how to build VLAN networks using these switches. They will understand principles of STP and RSTP. Student will understand how to build redundant switched networks using HSRP and GLBP. They will learn about power transmission over Ethernet. They will design and configure Wireless VLANs. They will be able to secure switch ports against common attacks. Course knowledge and experience cover requirements of Cisco certification exam 642-812 BCMSN.|
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will learn how to design and configure switched networks. They will configure L2 and L3 switches to transmit data, voice and wireless traffic. They will be able to design and implement redundant and secure switched networks.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction. Building campus networks.
- L3 switch configuration, VLANs and trunks. Link aggregation.
- Spanning Tree Protocol, RSTP, MSTP, PVSTP+.
- Advanced STP.
- Inter-VLAN routing. Multilayer switching, CEF.
- Challenge lab 1.
- High available networks using HSRP and GLBP.
- Wireless LANs. Configuring WLAN controller.
- VOIP traffic classification. Power over Ethernet for IP Telephony.
- Securing switch access, VLANs.
- Challenge lab 2.
- Skills exam. Final test.
| ||David Hucaby: CCNP BCMSN Official Exam Certification Guide, 4th Edition, Cisco Press, 2007.|
- Lecture notes in English.
- Documents and examples available on the Web portal Academy Online.
| || |
- Home preparation and active laboratory work.
- Passing all module tests.
| || |
- Active laboratory work (max. 60 points).
- Practical skills test (max. 20 points).
- Final test (max. 20 points).
- To get Academy Certificate of Completion all tests including Final exam and Skill test must be passed with score 80% or better.
| || |
- Labs attendance.
- Getting at least 50% points of every activity.