Optimizing Converged Networks (CNNP4)
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2009/2010 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Čejka Rudolf, Ing. (CC)|
Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)
Ráb Jaroslav, Ing. (DIFS)
Ryšavý Ondřej, doc. Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||The course focuses on VoIP transmission, namely specification and implementation of quality of service and policing. Students will learn how to classify and mark packets, how to configure traffic control, congestions, queueing. Converged networks include data transmission combined with IP telephony and wireless networks.|
| || ||The course deals with quality of service in computer networks, congestion management, queueing, shaping and policing. It shows how to implement QoS classification and end-to-end QoS. Practical part of the course focus on wireless LAN QoS implementation, WLAN management and VoIP implementation.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Students are expected to have knowledge of CCNA Exploration 4, or certification exam CCNA 804-802.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will learn how to deliver voice services over computer networks. They will design and configure IP telephony, define policing for packet classification. They will learn about 802.1q/p, MPLS Exp, NBAR. They will understand queueing management and how to implement it. They will learn about integrated and differenciated services. They will implement QoS for wireless networks. They will understand how to secure wireless networks, including 802.1x, encrypted connections and WEP/WPA authentication. Course knowledge and experience cover requirements of Cisco certification exam 642-845 ONT.|
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students will learn how to optimize converged networks using quality of services and congestion management. They will implement different techniques on IP telephony and wireless networks. They will learn how to secure wireless networks.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Voice over IP - architecture and implementation.
- Quality of Service - models, integrated and differenciated services.
- Classification, Marking, and NBAR.
- Congestion management and queueing.
- Congestion Avoidence, RED, CBWRED. Link Efficiency Mechanisms.
- Practical Implementing QoS. AutoQoS.
- Wireless LAN QoS Implementation.
- 802.1x authentication, WiFi encryption.
- WLAN management, location services.
- Case study presentation.
- Skills exam. Final exam.
| ||A. Ranjbar: CCNP ONT Official Exam Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2007.|
- Lecture notes in English.
- Documents and examples available on the Web portal Academy Online.
| || |
- Compulsory laboratory work.
- Passing all module tests with the minimum score 80%.
- Oral presentation of seminary work.
| || |
- Continuous tests via e-learning (min 80%).
- Practical skills test - 40 points.
- Final test - 40 points.
- Seminary work + presentation - 20 points.
| || |
- Labs attendance
- Passing modular tests with the minimum score 80%
- Elaboration of seminary work and its presentation.