Environmental Compatibility and Technology
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2009/2010 (Not opened)|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Klapetek Milan, Mgr., ILL|
|Faculty:||Centre of Education and Counselling of BUT|
| || ||Knowledge of the roots of ecological problems, of relationship between ethos, ecology and technology, and of improving the quality of professional decision-making through introducing ecological aspects.|
| || ||One of the indispensable conditions of human life on the Earth is a friendly environment. Since the human race started reproduction on the Earth, deep interventions into eco-systems have been observed. The gravity of such interventions is proportional to the increasing use of technologies. In the sphere of environmentalists´studies and attitudes, however, a lot of clashing approaches, research methods and interests can be observed. Therefore, adequate professional and highly qualified insight is most advisable here. |
A social science course consed to Programme in persuance of the Rector's Decision 03/2004.
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||No prerequisity knowledge is called for.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Improving qualifications and competence by introducing ecological criteria to technological and economic projects, mastering communication and reasoning in environmental issues.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Origin and development of ecological awareness.
- Ecosphere, biosphere, and sociosphere.
- Position of the Man in the world seen as part of different religious and similar systems.
- Real and unreal bases of ecological standpoints.
- Seeking paradigms of global ecological ethos.
- Values and lifestyles.
- Specific ecological problems in agriculture.
- Renewable and non-renewable resources, waste and polluting materials, waste recycling.
- Sustainable development.
| ||The students will be recommended selected texts and articles from philosophical and economic journals.|
| || |
- 70% attendance at lectures.
- A written essay on an ecological topic.