Ethics of Technology and Business
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2009/2010 (Not opened)|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Klapetek Milan, Mgr., ILL|
|Faculty:||Centre of Education and Counselling of BUT|
| || ||General ethics of human social existence and behaviour, and an introduction to the professional ethics in technology.|
| || ||The ethics of technology and business is focused on the discrepancy between the possible and the ethically correct. In view of the ever increasing influence of technology on human existence, the awareness of ethics forms an inseparable component of any technical or entrepreneurial decision making. |
A social science course consed to Programme in persuance of the Rector's Decision 03/2004.
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||No prerequisity knowledge is called for.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Better competence in professional decision making.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Basic terms in the field of ethics and ethos.
- Starting points for basic standards of human ethos.
- Technology in the context of human cultures, and the specific character of the Euro-american culture.
- Ethical aspects of technology in the past and the present.
- Decision criteria and horizons, and values.
- Extreme attitudes towards technology and the search for compromises.
- Liberalism in the contemporary economic order and its alternatives.
- Ethical maxims of early capitalism and their shifts.
- Real and ideal ethos in economy: influences and limits.
- Ethos in international and capital trades.
- Ethos and law relationship.
| ||The students will be recommended essays and articles from philosophical journals.|
| || |
- 70% attendance at lectures.
- A written essay on a philosophical topic.