Distributed Application Environment
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Zendulka Jaroslav, doc. Ing., CSc., DIFS|
|Lecturer:||Ráb Jaroslav, Ing., DIFS|
Rychlý Marek, RNDr., Ph.D., DIFS
Ryšavý Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D., DIFS
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
The aim is to understand principles and design of applications for distributed environment, obtain overview of modern distributed environments and ability of usage application interface for various programming environments.
Common characteristics of distributed environments. Types of distributed environments. Design and model of distributed applications. Distributed operating and file systems. Distributed database systems. Technology JSP, J2EE, JavaBeans, EJB, RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP, IIOP. Web services. Technology CORBA, COM, DCOM. Use of XML in distributed environments. Security in distributed applications.
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
The stundent will acquaint yourself with concepts and principles of distributed environments, with design and implementation of applications for distributed environments and security aspects in distributed environments.
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Common characteristics of distributed environments
- Types of distributed environments
- Design and model of distributed applications
- Consistency and replication
- Distributed operating and file systems
- Distributed database systems
- JSP, J2EE, JavaBeans, EJB
- RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP, IIOP
- Web services
- CORBA, Real-time CORBA
- COM, DCOM
- XML usage in distributed environments
- Security in distributed applications
- Building clusters
- Architectures of Distributed Control Systems
- Time-Triggered Distributed Architecture
- Real-Time Communication Principles
- Contract-based resource reservation and scheduling
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Requirements specification and design of a selected part of the applications for selected distributed environments in UML.
- Implementation of selected applications for selected distributed environments.
- Tanenbaum, A., Steen, M.: Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms. Prentice Hall, 2002, ISBN: 0130888931
- Tanenbaum, A.: Modern Operating Systems. Prentice Hall, 2001, ISBN: 0130313580
- Stevens, W.R. "UNIX Network Programming." Vol. 1, The Sockets Networking API, 2004, ISBN: 0131411551
- Stevens, W.R. "UNIX Network Programming." Vol. 2, Interprocess Communications, 1999, ISBN: 0130810819
Requirements specification and design of projects, two projects elaboration, mid-term exam.