Fundamentals of Law
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Klapetek Milan, Mgr., ILL|
|Faculty:||Centre of Education and Counselling of BUT|
Acquisition of rudiments of law, knowledge of relationship between law and ethos, knowledge of basic legal norms, and their application to business and other economic activities.
Human society cannot exit without rules regulating various decisive aspects of human existence. Legal conscience based on knowledge of law and basic legal norms related to human activities, their far-reaching impacts and consequences are essentials for minimization of potential conflicts.
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
Basic survey on civil legal norms, ability to get orientated in norms.
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction into law science, branches of law, basic terms.
- Constitution of the Czech Republic, state symbols.
- Contents, form and subject of the law, law creation and legislative process.
- Civil law and Civil Procedure Code.
- Commercial law.
- Labor law.
- Civil-law obligations and agreements, examples of agreements and plaints.
- Copyright Act and mental labour preservation.
- Public law.
Set of the Czech Republic Legal Norms|
The students will be recommended a selection of legal norms and articles which will be discussed on lectures.|
Attendance at lectures.
Attendance at lectues, minimum 80%, and activity on discussion.