Digital Signal Processing
|Ac.Year:||2009/2010 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech, English|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantor:||Fučík Otto, doc. Dr. Ing., DCSY|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Computer Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To give the students the knowledge of basic digital signal processing algorithms, programming techniques and skills to be able to implement multimedia applications using DSP processors.|
| || ||Introduction to the DSP theory. Analog signal digitalization. A/D a D/A converters. Digital signal processor architecture. DSP generations by different vendor. Floating and fixed point data representation. Instruction set. DSP programming. Development systems and tools. DSP algorithms programming (discrete convolution, correlation, digital filters IIR, FIR , LMS, DFT, FFT and IFFT). Voice and music processing using DSPs. Image processing using DSPs. DSP operations implementation using FPGAs. DSP-based embedded system design. Complex DSP system case study.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||The students are able to program basic digital signal processing algorithms on DSPs using professional development tools.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction to DSP theory. Analog signal digitalization. A/D and D/A converters.
- Digital signal processor architecture. DSP generations by different vendor.
- Floating and fixed point representation. Instruction set.
- DSP programming. Development systems and tools.
- DSP algorithms programming I. (discrete convolution, correlation).
- DSP algorithms programming II. (digital filters IIR, FIR, and LMS).
- DSP algorithms programming III. (DFT, FFT, and IFFT).
- Voice processing using DSPs.
- Music processing using DSPs.
- Image processing using DSPs.
- DSP operations implementation using FPGAs.
- DSP-based embedded system design.
- Complex DSP system case study.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Evaluation boards. Development systems and tools. DSP programming.
- Basic DSP algorithms implementation I.
- Basic DSP algorithms implementation II.
- A representative DSP application programming.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Individual five-hour DSP project.
- Lyons, R.G.: Understanding Digital Signal Processing, Prentice Hall PTR; 2nd edition, 2004, 688 p., ISBN 0131089897.
- Lecture notes in electronic form.
| || ||Mid-term exam, 4 PC labs and project.|
| || ||Written mid-term exam, submitted 4 PC lab reports and project in due dates.|
| || ||Requirements for class accreditation are not defined.|