Microprocessors and Embedded Systems
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Schwarz Josef, doc. Ing., CSc., DCSY|
|Lecturer:||Schwarz Josef, doc. Ing., CSc., DCSY|
|Instructor:||Bartoš Pavel, Ing., DCSY|
Bidlo Michal, Ing., Ph.D., DCSY
Růžička Richard, doc. Ing., Ph.D., MBA, DCSY
Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D., DCSY
Šimek Václav, Ing., DCSY
Žaloudek Luděk, Ing., DCSY
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Computer Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To give the students the knowledge of architecture of different microcontrollers. To acquaint with performance of individual subsystems namely CPU- programming model, flash memory, timer, interrupt subsystem, communication interface, AD converter. To learn the important instruction subset and their application in programming and debugging of assembly applications. Make students familiar with basic rules and programming techniques in a high-level language C as well as with embedded system design.|
| || ||Embedded systems, introduction, applications. Microcontroller architecture. Memory subsystem. Programmers model, programming in assembly language. Instruction and directivies. Stack utilizing. Interrupt subsystem and its programming. On chip peripheral devices and their programming: system clock generator, timer, communication interface SCI, IIC and SPI, AD converter, RTC module. Programming techniques for embedded systems in C language.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||To be familiar with the structure of CPU and with programming in assembly language. The basic knowledge of programming in C language.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || |
- Students are familiar with general structure of microcontroller and with the techniques of embedded systems design.
- Students are capable to design and debug the routines and initialization routine for each peripheral devices. They are skilled in utilizing of basic debugging techniques for the application programs written in assembly language or C language.
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction into Embedded systems.
- CPU HC08/HCS08.
- Subsystem of interruption.
- Interface for communication.
- Timer system.
- System clock, RTC and COP modules.
- A/D converter, display, kyeboard.
- Programming in C I.
- Programming in C II.
- Real time system.
- Survey of microcontrollers.
- Microcontroller application in fuzzy systems.
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Programming of SCI module.
- Programming of LCD and keyboard
- Programming of timer
- Programming of AD converter
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Instruction set.
- Programming in assembler.
- Programming of peripheral devices.
- ICE, BDE.
- Development environments.
- Development support for time-critical application.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Compulsory individual or team twelve-hour project.
- Study materials published by Motorola/Freescale company
- The MC68HC908GP32 Teaching Book by Prof. Cerid - Turkey
- Predko, M.: "Handbook of Microcontrollers",McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0079137164, 1998.
- Fábio Pereira: HCS08 Unleashed, Designer's Guide to the HCS08 Microcontrollers, 2009, ISBN1-4196-8592-9.
| || ||Within this course, attadance on the lectures and group practice are not monitored. Laboratory practice and project are monitored.|
| || |
- laboratory assignments with the defense
- mid-term written examination
- final exam (51 points)
Passing boundary for ECTS assessment- 50 points
| || ||Project designing with obligatory storing into IS and getting at least 5 points for the project.|