Microcomputer Control of Electrical Drives
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Klíma Bohumil, doc. Ing., Ph.D. (UVEE)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Power Electrical and Electronic Engineeering FEEC BUT|
| || ||Introduction to modern digital control of drives.|
| || ||In the course, modern microprocessors for electric drives control and their use in electric drives with feedback control are taught. To demonstrate problems, digital signal processor Motorola DSP56800 is used in laboratory practice. In laboratory practice, students work individually with microprocessor development system. There are simple tasks done to meet an architecture and peripheries of microprocessors for electric drives (DSP architecture, A/D converter, pulse-width modulation generator (PWM), timers, etc.), and in next, algorithms of control loop on real electric drive (PSD controller, 1st order higher limiting filter) are done.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Basic knowldge of programming technology incl. some assembly language usage.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||A view of modern methods of digital control of electric drives, introduction with microprocessors for electric drives control.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction to electric drives control.
- Microprocessors in electric drives.
- Architecture of digital signal processors DSP56800 I.
- Architecture of digital signal processors DSP56800 II.
- Architecture of digital signal processors DSP56800 III.
- Periphery: I/O port, timer.
- Periphery: A/D converter.
- Periphery: PWM generator.
- Feedback signal of speed and position sensors processing.
- Algorithms: PSD controller, 1st order higher limiting filter.
- Hardware of inverters.
- Control structures of DC drives.
- Control structures of AC drives.
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction, safety instructions, meeting with workplace.
- Development environment, microprocessor development system.
- Arithmetic-logic unit.
- Program control unit, interrupt system.
- Address generation unit.
- I/O port, timer.
- A/D converter.
- PWM generator.
- Speed and position sensing with incremental sensor.
- PSD controller, 1st order higher limiting filter.
- Programmable laboratory inverter.
- DC motor control in speed loop I.
- DC motor control in speed loop II.
- DSP56800 16-Bit Digital Signal Procesor Family Manual, Motorola, Inc., 2003 http://motorola.com/semiconductors
- DSP56F80x User's Manual Revision 4.0, Motorola, Inc., 2003, http://motorola.com/semiconductors
- DSP56800 16-Bit Digital Signal Procesor Family Manual, Motorola, Inc., 2003. Study Support, available on http://motorola.com/semiconductors
- DSP56F80x User's Manual Revision 4.0, Motorola, Inc., 2003. Study Support, available on http://motorola.com/semiconductors
| || ||Seminar tests.|
| || ||Seminar tests, two individual projects.|