Medical Applications in Informatics
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Provazník Ivo, prof. Ing., Ph.D. (DBME)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Biomedical Engineering FEEC BUT|
| || ||The aim is the introduction of basic terminology and determination of medical informatics. Students will study on specific medical data in informatics and the use of tools of informatics in medicine. Chosen applications and methodologies will be explained in detail.|
| || ||Introduction to medical informatics, technical approaches in medical informatics. Medical data in computer, data processing, databases, telemedicine. Patient data, coding, classification, computerized patient record, biomedical signals and images. Methods of computer-aided diagnostics, clinical diagnostic systems, strategies of data acquisition. Medical information systems, methodologies, clinical applications, technical aspects. Methodology od medical data processing, biostatistics, analysis of signals and images. Structuring data records, standards in medical information systems. Telematics.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Basic knowledge about database and information systems, and data processing.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||The fundamental information about medical informatics, its perspectives and approaches to medical data processing. Fundamentals of medical information systems.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction to medical informatics, technical approaches in medical informatics.
- Medical data in computer, data processing, databases, telemedicine.
- Patient data, coding, classification.
- Computerized patient record, biomedical signals and images.
- Methods of computer-aided diagnostics, clinical diagnostic systems.
- Strategies of data acquisition, data representation, expert systems in medicine.
- Medical information systems, methodologies.
- Clinical applications of medical information systems, technical aspects.
- Methodology od medical data processing, analysis of signals and images.
- Modelling in diagnostics.
- Structuring data records, standards in medical information systems.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Computer-based patient record, biomedical signals and images.
- Methods of computer-aided medical diagnostics.
- Strategies of data mining, the use of expert systems.
- The practical use of medical information systems.
- Methods of medical data processing, analysis of signals and images.
- Biostatistical methods.
- Modelling in diagnostics.
- Bronzino, J.D.: The Biomedical Engineering Handbook. CRC Press, Boca Raton 1995.
- van Bemmel, J.H. (ed.): Yearbook of Medical Informatics. Schattauer, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000.
- Provazník, I: Lecture notes on Internet.
| || ||No compensation.|
| || ||The active work in laboratory.|