Project Practice 1
|Language of Instruction:||English|
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantor:||Hruška Tomáš, prof. Ing., CSc., DIFS|
|Instructor:||Bidlo Michal, Ing., Ph.D., DCSY|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To make talented master students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by by research
and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.|
| || |
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the master's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
|List of available topics:|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM|
Goal of the project is to design and develop methods to search the query image or video-segment in the large video dataset. The work on the project includes study of the image processing techniques (image local feature detection and description, bag-of-word techniques etc.) and marginally of database techniques (inverted file index). The result system should solve all important parts: visual vocabulary construction, offline video dataset processing and indexing and online interactive search tool.
- practical skills in C/C++, Python, PostgreSQL
- knowledge of basic image processing methods and OpenCV library
- ability to study literature and publications in english
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||Robotic Data Visualisation Using Augmented Reality|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Dependability Issues of Operating Systems and Applications They Control|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Fault Injection Based on QEMU|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Modelling and Analysis of Fault-Tolerant Systems|
| || |
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
| || ||A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.|
| || ||Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least
10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student
presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The
head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100
points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the
submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at
least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be
able to continue in the follow-up course "PP2e - Project practice 2".|