Project Practice 1
|Language of Instruction:||English|
|Guarantor:||Hruška Tomáš, prof. Ing., CSc. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Bidlo Michal, Ing., Ph.D. (DCSY)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To make talented master students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by by research
and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.|
| || |
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the master's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- An individual project according to assignments and instructions of a supervisor.
|List of available topics:|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM||Content-Based Video Retrieval|
|Beran Vítězslav, Ing., Ph.D.||UPGM|
Goal of the project is to design and develop methods to visualise data from robotic system to the user utilising augmented reality device. The work on the project includes study of the 3D data visualisation (projective geometry, virtual and augmented reality methods) and practical frameworks (ROS, Unity etc.). The result system should read the sensory and processed data from the robotic system, localise the AR glasses in the work-space and visualise the 3D data appropriately to the work-space.
- practical skills in C/C++, Python
- fundamental knowledge of frameworks like ROS and Unity
- ability to study literature and publications in english
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Dependability Issues of Operating Systems and Applications They Control|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Fault Injection Based on QEMU|
|Strnadel Josef, Ing., Ph.D.||UPSY||Modelling and Analysis of Fault-Tolerant Systems|
| || |
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.
| || ||A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.|
| || ||Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least
10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student
presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The
head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100
points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the
submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at
least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be
able to continue in the follow-up course "PP2e - Project practice 2".|