Information Systems Project Management
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc., DIFS|
|Lecturer:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc., DIFS|
|Instructor:||Květoňová Šárka, Ing., Ph.D., DIFS|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To get view about purpose, role and all aspects of information system project management. To acquaint with detailed identification of basic techniques of project management and to practise these techniques by models occurrence with using of supportive tools. To create of definite conception about needs successful information systems of project management.|
| || ||Basic conception of project management. Traditional project management methodologies. Principles, tools and techniques of project management. Project leadership. Defining the project. Planning, monitoring and controlling mechanisms and techniques for leadership and team building. Quality assurance and assessment of project products. Project management software support.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||The knowledge in the area of complex software system development. The knowledge of software development stages and models of software life-time. The ability to analyse of the requirements and the software system design.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Student will be able to develop project management plans including risk analysis and migration plans, to identify monitoring and controlling mechanisms for IS projects, to describe how to allocate and re-allocate project resources, both for the target system and the development organisation, to track the schedule and budget to both quality and productivity. Student will understand the relationships among quality assurance, configuration management and project documentation. Student overrule project and product process assessments.|
|Generic learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Student will sample the role and skills essential for effective Project Management. Student will learn how to co-operate in project team (14 members/per team).|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction. The project management framework.
- The project management knowledge areas.
- Project definition.
- Project scope management.
- Project time management.
- Project human resource management.
- Project communication management.
- Project cost management.
- Project risk management. Project quality management.
- Project procurement management.
- Project integration management. Project closure.
- Methods and proceedings used in project management.
- Project management software support.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Introduce to MS Project.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Students will work in groups (10 students per team), solve a real-life problem according to created project plan.
- Schulte, P.: Complex IT Project Management, AUERBACH PUBLICATION, 2004, ISBN 0849319323
- Hallows J. Information Systems Project Management, 1998
- Kliem L., Ludin I., Robertson K.: Project Management Methodology, Marcel Dekker Inc., 1997
- Duncan R.: A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Project Management Institute, 1996
- Field M., Keller L.: Project management, Thomson Business Press, 1998
- Baker K., Baker S.: Project Management, Alpha books, New York, 1998
| || ||Two home assignments. Mid-term test. Evaluated team project with defence. Final written examination.|
| || ||Mid-term test - 10 points. Two home assignments evaluated - 10 points. Team project - 30 points. Final examination - 50 points.|