|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Havel Václav, prof. RNDr., DrSc. (DMAT)|
|Lecturer:||Havel Václav, prof. RNDr., DrSc. (DMAT)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Mathematics FEEC BUT|
| || ||The aim of the object is above all a methodological one: to make deeper the undergradual knowledges of the predicate logic by detailed analysis of specific reasonings in separate chapters of the subject.|
| || ||Finiteness,countability,cardinalities,continuum hypothesis and axiom of choice.Semantics and syntax of proposition logic. Theorems:on compactness,on finiteness,on completeness.Semantics and syntax of the predicate logic of first order. Prenex formulas.Theorems on correctness and oncompleteness.Theorems:of Herbrand,of Hilbert and Ackermann,of Skolem.Interpretation of one langage in another one. Comments to temporal logic,to combinatorial logic and to logical programming.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Deeper understanding of specific reasonings in mathematical logic. Active dominating of its ideas and procedures for purposes of applications in informatics.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Finite and countable sets, a mild axiomatic approach (Fraenkel-Zermelo).
- Comparing of cardinalities. Continuum hypothesis, axiom of choice.
- Semantics and syntax of proposition logic.
- Compactness theorem (with a turning into general topology), finiteness theorem, completeness theorem.
- Semantics and syntax of first order predicate logic.
- Classic questions on prenex formulas.
- Correctness theorem and completeness theorem. Several words about Kurt Gödel and Alfred Tarski.
- Theorem of Henkin, theorem of Lindenbaum, theorem on compactness.
- Theorem of Herbrand, theorem of Hilbert and Ackermann, theorem of Skolem.
- Interpretation of one language in another one.
- Comments to temporal and modal logic.
- Comments to combinatorial logic.
- Comments to logical programming.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- One prescribed seminar work.
- Stepanek,Mathematical logic (in Czech),Prague 1982
- Brabec,Mathematical logic (in Czech),Prague 1975
- Delahay,Outils logiques pour l'Intelligence artificielle,Paris 1988
- Salat-Smital,Set theory (in Slovak),Bratislava 1985
- Bukovsky,Sets and various things about them (in Slovak),Bratislava 1986
- van Leeuwen,Handbook of theoretical computer science,Amsterdam 1990
- Engeler,Metamathematik der Elementatmathematik,Berlin 1983
- An original introduction to predicate logic by Peter Vopenka,appearing in 1977 under title "Sets and natural numbers" (in Czech) in State pedagogic publishing house,Prague,with purposeful omitting of the name of the author.
- Ershov-Paljutin,Mathematical logic,Nauka,Moscow (in Russian)
- Lavrow-Maksimova,Problems in set theory,mathematical logic and algorithm theory,Nauka,Moscow (in Russian)
- Pottmann-Wallner,Computational Line Geometry,Berlin-
- Heidelberg-New York 2001Leitsch,The Resolution Calculus,Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 1997,inv.č.5330