Selected Chapters of History
|Ac.Year:||ukončen 2007/2008 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Klapetek Milan, Mgr. (ILL)|
|Faculty:||Centre of Education and Counselling of BUT|
| || ||The aim of the course is to give the students a better insight into the basic issues of human community during the course of history, for better understanding of the substance of various contemporary streams of thought, and better perceptiveness of the fundamentals of civil society.|
| || ||This course addresses some significant periods or historical events in both the world and the Czech history.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||No prerequisities.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||The understanding of historicity of our existence and its consequences gives rise not only to better understanding of the past but also to better orientation in the contemporary world. The subject should give a better basis for the understanding of history.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Origins and beginnings of historical mind.
- Primeval eastern cultures in the light of the history.
- Ancient superpowers in peace and at war.
- History of a nation that lived for the idea.
- Greek democracy in a form we did not experience yet.
- Alexander contra Démosthénes.
- What was between Rome and the medieval age?
- French revolution.
- Ways of Europe to the eastern cultures.
- The United States of America, an experiment of the New World.
- Beginnings of the National Revival.
- Czech National Revival.
- Contemporary times and the theory of the "end of history".
- Burckhardt, J.: Úvahy o světových dějinách (in Czech)
- Horyna, B.: Idea Evropy (in Czech)
- Johnson, P.: Zrození moderní doby (in Czech)
- Davies: Evropa - dějiny jednoho kontinentu (in Czech)
- Kosina: Světové dějiny (in Czech)
- van Loon: Dějiny lidstva (in Czech)
- Gombrich: Dějiny lidstva (in Czech)
| || ||Presence at the lectures.|
| || ||Presence at the lectures with passing the examination and furnishing a written work.|