|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Fučík Otto, doc. Dr. Ing. (DCSY)|
|Lecturer:||Fučík Otto, doc. Dr. Ing. (DCSY)|
|Instructor:||Kořenek Jan, doc. Ing., Ph.D. (DCSY)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Computer Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To give the students the knowledge of hardware/software computing systems co-design techniques including behavioral modeling of both hardware and software components as well as their interaction, partitioning algorithms, analyzing and profiling techniques, simulation, synthesis, and verification of designed systems.|
| || ||System-level aspects of computing systems design. Constrained and optimized HW/SW system design. Behavioral description. Models and implementation of basic HW and SW components and their interface. HW and SW components synthesis. Mapping of behavioral description onto components. Components interface synthesis. Scheduling of access to shared components. Techniques for prediction and analysis of constrained and optimized design. Partitioning algorithms and tools. Hardware synthesis and code generation. Verification. HW/SW computing architectures. Integrated HW/SW development systems. Optimized HW/SW systems case studies.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Basics of system simulation and design.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||The students understand the theory and techniques of an automated hardware/software co-design of constrained computating systems.|
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Theoretical background for analyzis and design of HW/SW systems.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- System-level aspects of computing systems design.
- Constrained and optimized HW/SW system design.
- Behavioral description.
- Models and implementation of basic HW and SW components and their interface.
- HW and SW components synthesis.
- Mapping of behavioral description onto components.
- Components interface synthesis.
- Scheduling of access to shared components.
- Techniques for prediction and analysis of constrained and optimized design.
- Partitioning algorithms and tools.
- Hardware synthesis and code generation. Verification.
- HW/SW computing architectures. Integrated HW/SW development systems.
- Optimized HW/SW systems case studies.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
| ||Individual thirteen-hour project.|
| ||De Micheli, G., Rolf, E., Wolf, W.: Readings in Hardware/Software Co-design, Morgan Kaufmann; 1st edition, 2001, 697 p., ISBN: 1558607021.|
- Lecture notes in e-format
| || ||Written mid-term exam and submitted project in due date.|
| || ||Requirements for class accreditation are not defined.|