Automobile Electrical Units
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Hájek Vítězslav, prof. Ing., CSc., UVEE|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Power Electrical and Electronic Engineeering FEEC BUT|
| || ||To acquaint students with a general review of automobile electrical machines and apparatuses and special parts (alternators, starters, batteries and ignition).|
| || ||Review of automobile equipments. Electric power sources, alternators, starters. Ignition systems, electric light and signalization. digitally controlled electronic ignition. Safety systems. Navigation systems. Environment compatibility.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Fundamentals of electrical and electronic engineering.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Automobile electric and electronic system review. Measurements and measuring methods.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Automobile Electric and Electronic Systems
- Starter Motors
- Ignition Systems
- Electronic Ignition
- Electronics Safety Systems
- Automobile Lighting
- Board Instruments
- HUD Systém
- Navigation Systems
- Influence of the Automotive Electric Equipment on Environment
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- General methods of motor vehicles el. equipment measurements.
- Small resistances and torques measurements. PC based automation measurement system.
- Fractional horse power induction motor no-load. Loss distribution.
- Speed dependant machanical losses of alternator.
- Load characteristic of alternator.
- Motor starter characteristics.
- Load characteristics of heating motor.
- Ignition coil measurement.
- Ignition distributor advance setting.
- High speed motors characteristics measurements.
- El. motors dynamic characteristics parameters measurements.
| || ||Active work on laboratory practice, laboratory protocols, tests.|
| || ||Written tests (2 in the semester).|
| || ||Requirements for credits: Solved problems of laboratory tests, protocols of laboratory measurements.|