|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Čejka Miloslav, Ing., CSc., DAME|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Control and Instrumentation FEEC BUT|
| || ||Obtain knowledge about principles, use, and application of electronic measurement instruments.|
| || ||Classification of measurement instruments for electrical quantities. Principles of correct measurement. Analog measurement mechanism. Voltage, current, frequency, phasis, power, modulation, resistance, capacitance, Q, resonance frequency measurement. Testers. Generators. Magnetic and non-electric measurement.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Basic knowledge from analog and digital electrical engineering. Basic knowledge about elements inside electrical and electronic equipments and units.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||Get experience and knowledge of working with electronic measurement instruments for electric and non-electric measurement.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction. Principles of good measurement. Errors and uncertainty.
- Analog measurement mechanism.
- Active electrical quantities, analog voltmeters.
- Digital measurement. A/D converters for measurement.
- Recorders and analog scopes.
- Structure of analog scopes and its application.
- Digital scopes and its features.
- Measurement in logical systems, spectral analyzers.
- Time, frequency and phase measurement.
- Current and power measurement.
- Passive electrical quantities, resistance, capacitance, inductance.
- Characteristic measurement. Generators for measurement.
- Magnetic and other non-electric measurement.
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction, basic instruction for students.
- Electronic voltmeters AC and DC.
- Measurement of current and power.
- Magnetic measurement.
- Property of measurement channel.
- Measurement of electric work and energy, transformers for measurement, measurement for power networks.
- Analog scopes.
- Resistance, capacitance, inductance and mutal inductance measurement.
- Digital scopes.
- Frequency, phase and time measurement.
- Impedance and non-linear components measurement.
- Spare laboratory work.
- Class credit.
| || ||2 tests and active attendance on all laboratory practice.|
| || ||Checking of student's notes about measurements, reports from measurements.|
| || ||Qualification for class credit is to measure all excercises and submit the reports.|