|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Vavřín Petr, prof. Ing., DrSc., DAME|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication BUT|
|Department:||Department of Control and Instrumentation FEEC BUT|
| || ||Design, using and managing simple control systems (feedforward as well as feedback).|
| || ||Basic terms is Control Theory. Feedforward and feedback control. Simple on-off and proportional control(continuous and discrete type). Stability of feedback systems. Steady state and dynamic errors. Root locus method and frequency analysis. PID controllers. Systems with multi feedback loops.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Variables in complex plane, numerical methods.|
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
| || ||To apply measuring and control systems. To design, use and maintain systems of applied infromatics. Automation of industry technologies.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction. Examples of feedforward and feedback control.
- On-off control for dynamic systems.
- Regulators, servo control and program control.
- Descriptions of static and dynamic properties. I/O approach.
- State variables, state space.
- Stability of linear feedback systems.
- Analysis of static and dynamic errors in control systems.
- Root locus method.
- P and I controllers.
- PID control.
- Sampled data control systems.
- Discrete PSD controllers.
- Multi loop systems.
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
- Block diagram algebra. Typical transfer functions.
- Steady state errors. Integral criterion of control.
- Stability by Bode diagram and algebraic methods.
- Analysis and design of PID controller.
- Evaluation of study activities.
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Examples of control systems used in industry.
- Continuous control with PID controller.
- Discrete PSD control with microprocessor.
- Using of this controller for PSD and dead-bead control.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Matlab-Simulink for simulation, analysis and design.
- Simulation of on-off, P and PID control.
- Bode analysis and design.
- Root locus method.
- Vavřín, P.: Teorie řízení 1. VUT, 1991 (in Czech).
| || ||Reports of 3 projects, be present on 7 lab practices.|
| || ||Continuous evaluation in exercises.|
| || ||Presence at all practice. Three individual projects have to be done by each student.|