|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc., DIFS|
|Lecturer:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc., DIFS|
|Instructor:||Trchalík Roman, Mgr., Ph.D., DIFS|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
To get view about principles, purpose, role and other aspects of process management in IT projects. To understand relation of process management to project management and to Total Quality Management. To create definite conception about the needs of successful project management. To be come acquainted with software product metrics. To be come acquainted with basic standards and norms of project management. To be come acquainted with the methods of measurement quality process, with techniques of process management implementation and with the basic standards and norms of process management.
Project life cycle. Process oriented organization. Project management processes. Basic terms of process management. Process definition. Quality and efficiency process measurement. Motivation factors for process improvement. Techniques for continuous process improvement. The relation of process management to project management and to total quality management. Application of processes in project management. Project and process management software support. Norms and current standards in project and process management.
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
Student will be able: to develop project management plans, to identify monitor and control mechanisms for IT projects, to allocate and re-allocate project resources. Student will understand the relationships between process management and project management. Student will become acquainted with the project and product process assessments and will be able to understand processes improvement techniques.
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction. The project management framework. The project management knowledge areas. Processes of project management.
- Using principles of process approach to project management.
- Project definition process.
- Project planning processes.
- Project organization processes.
- Project execute processes.
- Project control processes.
- Project closure process.
- Quality and efficiency process measurement.
- Principles of process improvement.
- Methods and progress in project management. Critical chain scheduling.
- Norms and the current standards in project and process management.
- Project and process management software support.
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
- Introduction to MS Project software.
- Estimate costs, determine budget and control costs of project.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Team project plan developing in MS Project software.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
Students will work in teams (up to 10 students per team) will analyse a real-life problem and implement a solution as a managed project. Students keep record of process metrics. Milestones are continuously checked.|
- Schwalbe, K.: Information Technology Project Management, Thomson Course Technology, 2006, 720 s., ISBN 13 978-0-619-21526-2.
- Schulte, P.: Complex IT Project Management, AUERBACH PUBLICATION, 2004, 314 p., ISBN 0-8493-1932-3.
- A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013, ISBN 978-1-935589-67-9.
- Rosemann, M.: Process Management, Springer - Verlag, 2003, 337 p., ISBN 3-540-43499-2.
- Dyba, T.: Process Improvement in Practice: A Handbook for IT Companies
Kluwer Academic, 2004, 113 p., ISBN 1-4020-7869-2.
- Munson, C.: Software Engineering Measurement, AUERBACH PUBLICATION, 2003, 443 p., ISBN 0-8493-1503-4.
- Goldratt, E.M.: Critical Chain, AFNOR, 2002, 265 p., ISBN 2-1246-5613-9.
- Hallows J.: Information Systems Project Management, AMACON, 2005, 288 p., ISBN 0-8144-7273-7.
- Rosenau, M., D.: Successful Project Management, John Wiley & Sons, 1998, 368 p., ISBN 0-4712-9304-0.
Two evaluated home assignments. Checked attendance at computer practice. Evaluated team project with defence. Final written examination.
Compensation missed classes will determined by lecturer.
Two evaluated home assignments evaluated 10 points together. Team project -30 points. Computer practice 4 points. Final examination - 56 points. Continuous checking of the project solution by the supervisor.
Student has to hand both home assignments, attend at computer practice, to hand project (to get minimum of 1 point for all home assignments, computer excercise, of 10 points for project) and has to get at least 20 of the points from the home assignments, computer excercise and project.