Distributed Application Environment
|Hour/sem||Lectures||Sem. Exercises||Lab. exercises||Comp. exercises||Other|
|Guarantee:||Zendulka Jaroslav, doc. Ing., CSc., DIFS|
|Lecturer:||Ráb Jaroslav, Ing., DIFS|
Ryšavý Ondřej, Ing., Ph.D., DIFS
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
The aim is to understand principles and design of applications for distributed environment, obtain overview of modern distributed environments and ability of usage application interface for various programming environments.
Common characteristics of distributed environments. Principles, algorithms and systems of distributed computing. Types of distributed environments. Design and model of distributed applications. Distributed operating and file systems. Distributed database systems. Technology JSP, J2EE, JavaBeans, EJB, RPC, XML-RPC, SOAP, IIOP. Web services. Technology CORBA, COM, DCOM. Security in distributed applications.
|Learning outcomes and competences:|
The stundent will acquaint yourself with concepts and principles of distributed environments, with design and implementation of applications for distributed environments and security aspects in distributed environments.
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Common characteristics of distributed environments
- (no lecture)
- Model of distributed computations
- Logical Time
- Global State
- Group Communication
- Terminal Detection
- RPC, XML-RPC, CORBA, Real-time CORBA
- Mutual exclusion
- Consensus and agreement
- SOA, SOAP, Enterprise Applications
- Complex Event Processing
- Programming languages for large distributed systems
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Implementation of selected applications,algorithms for selected distributed environments.
- Kshemkalyani, Singhal: Distributed Computing, Cambridge Press, 2008.
- Tanenbaum, A., Steen, M.: Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms. Prentice Hall, 2002, ISBN: 0130888931
- Tanenbaum, A.: Modern Operating Systems. Prentice Hall, 2001, ISBN: 0130313580
- Stevens, W.R. "UNIX Network Programming." Vol. 1, The Sockets Networking API, 2004, ISBN: 0131411551
- Stevens, W.R. "UNIX Network Programming." Vol. 2, Interprocess Communications, 1999, ISBN: 0130810819
- selected research papers
Requirements specification and design of projects, two projects elaboration, presentation of projects/research paper, mid-term exam.