Project Management of Computer-Based Systems
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc. (DIFS)|
|Lecturer:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Kreslíková Jitka, doc. RNDr., CSc. (DIFS)|
Martínek Zdeněk, Mgr. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||To get view about purpose, role and all aspects of information system project management. To acquaint with detailed identification of basic techniques of project management and to practise these techniques by models occurrence with using of supportive tools. To create of definite conception about needs successful information systems of project management. To acquaint with software product metrics. To acquaint with basic standards and norms of project management.|
| || ||Basic conception of project management. Traditional project management methodologies. Principles, tools and techniques of project management. Project leadership. Defining the project. Planning, monitoring and controlling mechanisms and techniques for leadership and team building. Quality assurance and assessment of project products. Project management software support. Norms and the current standards in project management. |
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||The knowledge in the area of complex software system development. The knowledge of software development stages and models of software life-time. The ability to analyse and specify the requirements and the software system design. The knowledge of relational database management system fundamentals.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Student will be able to develop project management plans including risk analysis and migration plans, to identify monitoring and controlling mechanisms for IS projects, to describe how to allocate and re-allocate project resources, both for the target system and the development organisation, to track the schedule and budget to both quality and productivity. Student will understand the relationships among quality assurance, configuration management and project documentation. Student overrule project and product process assessments and understends processes improvement techniques. |
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Student will sample the project roles and skills essential for effective project Management. Student will learn how to co-operate in project team (up to 10 members/per team).|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Introduction. The project management framework. The project management knowledge areas.
- Project definition.
- Project scope management.
- Project time management.
- Project human resource management.
- Project communication management.
- Project cost management.
- Project risk management. Project quality management.
- Project procurement management.
- Project integration management. Project closure.
- Methods and proceedings used in project management.
- Software metrics. Norms and the current standards in project management.
- Project management software support.
|Syllabus of computer exercises:|
- Introduction to MS Project.
- Introduction to Rational Unified Process.
|Syllabus - others, projects and individual work of students:|
- Students will work in groups (up to 10 students per team) to analyse a real-life problem and implement a solution as managed project. Milestones are continuously checked.
- Schulte, P.: Complex IT Project Management, AUERBACH PUBLICATION, 2004, 314 p., ISBN 0849319323
- Duncan, R.: A Guide To The Project Management Body Of Knowledge, Project Management Institute, 2004, 380 p., ISBN 193069945X.
- Munson, C.: Software Engineering Measurement, AUERBACH PUBLICATION, 2003, 443 p., ISBN 0849315034.
- Rosemann, M.:Process Management, Springer - Verlag, 2003, 337 p., ISBN 3-540-43499-2.
- Hallows, J.: Information Systems Project Management, AMACON, 2005, 288 p., ISBN 0814472737.
- Rosenau, M., D.: Successful Project Management, John Wiley & Sons, 1998, 368 p., ISBN 0-4712-9304-0.
| || ||Checked milestones of project.|
| || ||Assessment of two evaluated home assignments and mid-term test. Continuous checking of the project solution by the supervisor.|