Ing. Jiří Jaroš, Ph.D.
- 2010 - Ph.D. in Information Technology, Faculty of Information Technology, BUT Brno, Czech Republic
- 2003 - Ing. (Master of Science in Computer Engineering), Faculty of Information Technology, BUT Brno, Czech Republic
- 1998 - Gymnasium Tišnov
- 08/2013 - present - Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Systems, Brno University of Technology, Czech republic
- 08/2013 - present - Associate staff, Biomedical Ultrasound Group, Department of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering, University College London, London, UK.
- 01/2014 - 12/2016 - Marie-Curie Fellow, SoMoPro-II, Czech Republic.
- 02/2013 - 07/2013 - Research associate, The Centre for Computational Science, Department of Chemistry, University College London, UK.
- 03/2011 - 01/2013 - Research fellow, School of Computer Systems, College of Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia.
- 2006 - a week stay at HEC Lausanne, CH.
- Parallel and distributed systems
- General purpose computation on GPU
- High performance computing
- Computer architectures
- Systems on chip
- Bayesian optimisation algorithms
- Genetic algorithms
- Bronze Medal of the Faculty of Information Technology - Brno, CZ, 2015
- Best paper award nomination - EvoStar 2012, Malaga, Spain.
- The Rector's award for excellent scientific research and representation of Brno University of Technology at international conferences, 2010.
- Best paper award nomination - GECCO 2010, Portland, USA.
- Best paper award nomination - EvoStar 2010, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Honorable Mention in Human-Competitive Awards, London, UK, 2007.
- Jan Hlavička Award for Best Paper Presented at Working Seminary "Computer architectures and diagnostics" for PhD Students PAD 2005.
My favorite links:
- k-Wave Toolbox - A MATLAB toolbox for the time-domain simulation of acoustic wave fields. I am an active researcher on this project
- HemeLB - A high performance parallel lattice-Boltzmann code for large scale fluid flow in complex geometries. I participated in this project while working at UCL
Session chair at:
- Track chair at Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science, Telc, CZ, 2014
- The Sixth International Conference on Systems, ICONS, Sint Maarten, The Netherlands Antilles, 2011
- Genetic and Evolutionary Computational Conference GECCO, Atlanta, GA, USA, 2008