Doc. Ing. Zdeněk Vašíček, Ph.D.
Integrated Development Environment VLAM
|Authors:||Jirák Ota, Křivka Zbyněk, Olšarová Nela, Vašíček Zdeněk|
|Licence:||required - no fee|
|Keywords:||integrated development environment, component editor, VHDL, C, assembler, embedded system, PicoBlaze, FITkit|
|During year 2010 and 2011, as a result of VLAM project, we
developed integrated development environment (IDE) for design of small
embedded systems for education in our virtual laboratory VLAM (or even
locally on your PC).
IDE is based on Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) and it supports HW/SW
codesign. There is a support for FITkit educational platform and
partially for Flexis kit (both created at FIT, BUT Brno).
This VLAM IDE is freeware package of plug-ins (feature) for
Eclipse 3.6 under BUT Freeware license.
Our first public version provides:|
- Graphical Component-based Design Editor for FITkit
platform (small Xilinx FPGA) with several components to use such as
PicoBlaze procesor, LCD display, Matrix keyboard etc.
- Generates VHDL based on the design in GUI editor
- Assembly Language Editor for soft-core processor PicoBlaze-3
- Integration with QDevkKit for programming of FITkit platform
- Several additional features provided by other projects such as: VHDL Editor with syntax highlighting and code completition