Catalogue on-lineHere is access to on-line catalogue
Instructions for use Online Public Access Catalogue
- Login to OPAC
- For quick search/browse use application icon "Přihlášení jako host", which is the small picture on the ride side.
- For login to OPAC use big application icon "Přihlášení do katalogu" and then enter:
- User name - your VUT login
- Password - again your VUT pin
- The Browse function enables you to scroll through an alphabetical index. Some of the
indexes available are the Author Index, the Title Index, the Subject Index, and any other
index that your library has made available to you.
- Choose the index you'd like to browse through, then enter the text from which you'd
like to start browsing. This text will appear at the top of a scrollable list.
- Basic Search - quick search request
- Advanced Search
How to search?
- If you choose Yes for "Words adjacent," you can type in the phrase computer science
and the system will understand that you want only records that have the word computer
NEXT to the word science.
- Lower-case letters will find matches of capitalized words also. For example, computer
will find matches for computer, Computer and COMPUTER.
- You may use the Boolean operators AND and OR in your search string.
- Use the ? character to find matches that contain portions of words.
For example, gun? will retrieve gun, guns, gunners,
gunnery, gunning, etc.
- In another example, ?ology will retrieve anthropology,
archaeology, psychology, etc. The ? character may
also be used to find variant spellings.