Field of Study
|Degree Programme: ||Information Technology, Master, 2-years|
|Language of Instruction: ||czech|
|Form of Study: ||full-time|
|Guarantor:||Zbořil František V., doc. Ing., CSc.|
|The enlistment of the field into a degree programme:|
|Intelligent Systems Branch of Study (MIN for short in Czech) is instructed in Czech only. |
It is the branch of the Information Technology Follow-Up Master Study Program. It is under the control of common rules, conditions and criteria, which are defined in detail in the common part of the accreditation documentation of that study program and also by common ruling and directives of the BUT, especially those of the FIT BUT, as presented at internet addresses www.vutbr.cz and www.fit.vutbr.cz.
|To make students familiar with theories, technologies and procedures being used in intelligent systems development, and to teach them to develop such systems by applying advanced development tools, methods and technologies. In compulsory courses, students deepen their knowledge received in a bachelor study program mainly in the area of uncertain and imprecise information processing. The offer of optional courses together with the choice of the theme of the individual technical project and the Master Thesis allow students to individually select their specialization in various theoretical and application areas. The graduates find employment in research, development and design of all kinds of intelligent systems. Due to a very good theoretical education and a wide universal basis of the specialization, a high adaptability of the graduates to all actual demands of their future professional practice in intelligent system and also in other areas of information technology is ensured.|
|Extent of the final state examinations:|
|The State Final Examination has two parts: A defence of the Master Thesis, and a discussion based on selected topics from the course "Intelligent Systems and Their Models" which is derived from compulsory courses of the MIN Branch of Study as Hardware/Software Codesign, Advanced Database Systems, Computer Graphics, Intelligent Systems, Theoretical Computer Science, Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Agents and Multiagents Systems, Parallel and Distributed Algorithms, Simulation Tools and Techniques, Soft Computing, Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Cryptography and Petri Nets. The areas of possible questions must be approved by the Study Branch Council, and students will be informed about the selected topics at least 2 months before the state final examination is held in the particular academic year. The discussion will be held on two topics.|
- The graduate has a general knowledge of the intelligent systems theory and skills to design, implement and apply intelligent systems especially in the areas of computer vision, natural language processing, data mining, intelligent sensors and control systems.
- The graduate is ready for research, development and design of various intelligent systems starting from simple embedded systems in domestic machines to very complex systems of autonomous mobile robots.
- Graduates find employment especially in research and design divisions and operation sites of various companies and institutions involved in the development of systems with embedded intelligent subsystems, and in the army, in education and health institutes, and practically in any industrial enterprise.
|Content and quantification of professional practice:|
|Practice is not required.|
|Possible themes of final projects:|
- Expert System for Interior Lighting Design
- Data Mining from Rescue Service Database
- Control System of Intelligent Building
- Communication Inside Multiagent Systems
- Simulation of Agents Social Behaviour
- Recognition of Laboratory Environment
- Recognition of Speech Commands
- Safeguard of Location of Mobile Devices
- Environment Model Creation and Robot Navigation
- Simulation of Robot Moving