Design and Security of Enterprise Networks
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||The course is focused on advanced networking technologies employed in
ISP and telcom networks. It includes interdomain routing, IPv6
transitions technologies, L2 virtual technologies and quality of
services. Hands-on lab training will be provided on active network
devices and Linux stations.|
| || ||Designing network topology with security. BPG, MPLS, MPLS VPN and VxVLAN
technologies. Multihoming, mobility, renumbering. IPv6 native
implementation and transition techniques. Optical networks. Automated
network configuration using IPAM, DevOps and NetOps.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Student are expected to be familiar with configuration of active network devices and advanced configuration of Linux systems. Cisco courses CCNA Routing and Switching or CCNP Route are recommended as prerequisities. |
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students learn concepts of network design, security and management of enterprise networks. They will understand network technologies like BPG, MPLS, VxVLAN, VPN tunneling, QoS and others. ||Why is the course taught:|
| || ||This course prepares students for a role of network administrators in ISP networks.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction to TCP/IP networking.
- Stateful firewalls, IDS/IPS systems.
- Cisco ASA - Adaptive Security Appliance.
- BGP routing.
- BGP - filering, communities.
- LISP - Locator ID Separation Protocol
- IPv6 in enterprise networks. Transition mechanisms, autoconfiguration.
- MPLS a and packet switching in ISP networks.
- MPLS VPN, ATOM
- Optical connections and links.
- IPAM, automated management, devops
- Omar Santos, John Stuppi. CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide. Cisco Press, 2015.
- Anthony Bruno, Steve Jordan. CCDA 200-310 Official Cert Guide, 5th Edition. Cisco Press, 2016.
- Ina Minei, Julian LucekMPLS-Enabled Applications: Emerging Developments and New Technologies. Wiley; 3 edition (Jan. 18 2011)
- Ivan Pepelnjak, Jim Guichard, MPLS and VPN Architectures, 2000 by Cisco Press.
- Lecture notes in English.
| || |
- Home preparation and active participation in hands-on labs.
- Missed classes will not be replaced.
| || |
- Home preparation and hands-on labs (max 26 points).
- Skills exam (max 20 points).
- Final configuration and theoretical test (max 54 points)
| || |
- Participation in all hands-on labs.
- Half of points in each activity required for credits.