Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
|Ac.Year:||2019/2020 (Not opened)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||Overview of routing technologies in WAN networks. Implementation and configuration of EIGRP, multi-area OSPF, iBGP and eBGP. Redistribution of routing information. Optimization of routing. Connecting branch networks using broadband WAN technologies. |
| || ||The course learn students how to practically implement routing in ISP and WAN networks, how to interconnect Autonomous Systems, and redistributed routing information. It also discusses implementation of IPv6 in Internet. |
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Students are required to successfully pass CCNA4 Exploration course in Network Academy or hold CCNA certification.|
|Subject specific learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students learn routing technologies in WAN networks, both IGP and EGP routing protocols and redistribute of routing information between different systems. They learn how to practically implement IPv6 in networks. The obtained knowledge covers requirement on CCNP ROUTE certification. |
|Generic learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students learn how to implement and optimized routing in large networks, redistribute and filter routing information. They will configure EIGRP, OSPF and BGP including redistribution. They will configure branch networks. They are able to implement IPv6 in networks including IPv6 routing. ||Why is the course taught:|
| || ||This course prepares students for CCNP ROUTE certification that is required for network administrators and designers.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction to WAN networks.
- EIGRP routing, neighborhood, topology, convergence.
- EIGRP routing, summarization, filtering.
- Multi-area OSPF.
- LSA types in OSPF, best path selection, summarization, filtering.
- Virtual links in OSPF. OSPF over Frame Relay.
- Routing redistribution.
- Routing maps, lists, routing based on SLA.
- BGP protocol. eBGP and iBGP. Path filtering.
- Path attributes at BPG, best path selection.
- IPv6, addressing, routing, redistribution.
- Routing in branch networks. IPSec, PPPoE and GRE tunnels.
- Skills test. Final exam.
- Wendell Odom: CCNP Route 642-902 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2010.
- Lecture notes in English.
- Electronic documents at Academy Online Portal.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 36 points)
- Challenge lab (max 20 points)
- Skills test (max 34 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
| || |
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.