Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH)
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||Multilayer switching. VLAN networks. STP and RSTP implementation. High availability using HSRP and GLBP. Power over Ethernet. Implementing wireless networks. Switch security. |
| || ||The course learn students how to configure network switches on L2 and L3, how to implement VLAN networks, configure STP and RSTP. The part of the course is PoE configuration and WLAN networks. The course presents techniques for switch security. |
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Students are required to successfully pass CCNA4 Exploration course in Network Academy or hold CCNA certification.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students learn how to configure L2 and L3 switches including VLAN networks. They will understand STP and RSTP. They will be able to configure high-availability redundancy using HSRP and GLBP. They will learn about Power over Ethernet. They will learn how to implement WLAN networks and security switches against common threats. The obtained knowledge covers CCNP SWITCH certification requirements. ||Why is the course taught:|
| || ||This course prepares students for CCNP SWITCH certification that is required for network administrators and designers.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Switch operations at L2 and L3, CAM table, port configuration.
- VLAN networks, trunks, VTP protocol. Link aggregation using EtherChannel.
- STP, RSTP, MSTP and PVSTP+.
- Mutlilayer switching, CEF.
- High-availability and redundancy using HSRP and GLBP.
- Challenge lab.
- IP telephony - PoE, voice VLANs, QoS for IPT.
- WLAN networks. Configuring WLAN controller.
- Voice transmision. Classification of IPT traffic.
- Switch hardening: 802.1x, DHCP snooping, DAI.
- Securing VLAN networks: ACLs, private VLANs.
- Completing labs and module tests.
- Skills text. Final Exam.
- David Hucaby: CCNP SWITCH 642-813 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2010.
- Lecture notes in English.
- Electronic documents at Academy Online Portal.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 36 points)
- Challenge lab (max 20 points)
- Skills test (max 34 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
| || |
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.