Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks (TSHOOT)
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Matoušek Petr, Ing., Ph.D., M.A. (DIFS)|
|Deputy guarantor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
|Instructor:||Grégr Matěj, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)|
Veselý Vladimír, Ing., Ph.D. (DIFS)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Information Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||The goal of the course is to learn students methodology and techniqies for Cisco networks diagnosis and troubleshooting. Students will apply troubleshooting techniques on practical management of routers and switches. |
| || ||Overview of troubleshooting methodologies. Tools for troubleshooting: IOS diagnostistic tools, SNMP, Netflow, packet capturing. Troubleshooting switches, STP and VLAN networks. Troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and redistribution. Network management using Cisco IOS Security and Cisco IOS Firewall. IP telephony monitoring. Monitoring IPv6. |
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||Sucessfull completion of CCNP ROUTE and CCNP SWITCH courses. |
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Students learns approaches and methodologies for network troubleshooting. Using Hands-on Labs they will troubleshoot switches and routers using various diagnostic tools and IoT services for troubleshooting. They will be able to troubleshoot STP, VLANs, routing protocols and network security. ||Why is the course taught:|
| || ||This course prepares students for CCNP TSHOOT certification that is required for network administrators and designers.|
|Syllabus of laboratory exercises:|
- Introduction to troubleshooting. Methodologies.
- Tools for troubleshooting. IOS Diagnostic Tools, Packet Capturing, SNMP, Netflow.
- Troubleshooting VLAN and STP.
- Troubleshooting switches and routers, inter-VLAN routing, HSRP, VRRP and GLBP.
- Troubleshooting routing protocols EIGRP and OSPF.
- Troubleshooting routing protocol BGP. Performance optimization.
- Troubleshooting Cisco devices. Cisco IOS Security. Cisco IOS Firewall. ACLs.
- Troubleshooting NAT and DHCP.
- Troubleshooting Voice over IP and Video over IP.
- Troubleshooting IPv6, configuration, tunneling, routing using OSPFv3 and RIPng.
- Troubleshooting applications using Netflow, IP SLA, QoS and NBAR.
- Troubleshooting VPN networks.
- Skills test. Final Exam.
- Kevin Wallace: CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide, Cisco Press, 2010.
- Lecture notes in English.
- Electronic documents at Academy Online Portal.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at all hands-on labs.
- Completion of all module tests.
- Missed classes are not replaced.
| || |
- Preparation and active participation at hands-on labs (max 36 points)
- Challenge lab (max 20 points)
- Skills test (max 34 points)
- To obtain Certification of Completion, all module test must be completed + skills test and final exam score must be over 80%.
| || |
- Active partication on all hands-on labs.
- Half of points of all activity is required for credits.