English: Practical Course of Business Conversation and Presentation
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Růžička Richard, doc. Ing., Ph.D., MBA (DCSY)|
|Instructor:||Beneš Radomír (Flotila s.r.o.)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Information Technology BUT|
|Department:||Department of Computer Systems FIT BUT|
| || ||The course is intended for students who want not only to express and understand what one needs to but also to understand more deeply their culture and humour so one can be equal partner in conversation. And this is the exact goal of this course. Students themselves will be able to try the art of presenting, specialist communication and business negotiations in English language. In order to achieve this many model situations were designed for students to assimilate these situations.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || |
- Ability to express his or her wishes
- Ability to manage conversation in common social topics
- To master jargon in real life conversation
- To learn phrases that are not included in English student books but are plentifully used in day to day life
- TALK FLUENTLY even though your English is not 100%
- Experience creating presentations on various subjects.
- Learn how to prepare such presentations
- Learn communication with potential business partners
- Acquire negotiations and appropriate reaction skills while having business dealing in English
- To broaden specialized vocabulary and use it correctly
- Acknowledge your bad habits and mistakes and adopt correct techniques and methods while dealing with presentations and business meetings
|Syllabus of numerical exercises:|
- Start talking in foreign language, mainly acquire positive approach towards your progress in English
- Address communicative barriers, habits and mistakes
- Jargon dialects and mistakes
- Listening and ability to understand and react
- Vocabulary in use
- Finding your own communication style
- Ability to express your emotions and needs
- Ability to deal with conflict in English language
- Acknowledgement of your own bad habits in English conversation
- Presentation structure in English
- Self-made presentation and its analysis
- Business communication and negotiations in English
- Revealing and defining your week points while presenting a presentation and having business communication in English subsequently addressing those week points and work on them
- Widening and training specialized vocabulary
- Tom Kenny: Nice Talking with You. Step-by-step English fluency. Cambridge University Press.
- English conversation-Practice Makes Perfect Series-McGraw-Hill Education; 1st edition (August 7, 2012).
- Practical English Usage (4th Edition) Book. Oxford University Press.
- Kenna Bourke: Test It, Fix It Vocabulary Intermediate.