History of Design 1 - Summer
|Code:||IDDL (FAVU DEDE1-L)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Jakubíček Vít, Mgr. (FFA)|
|Lecturer:||Jakubíček Vít, Mgr. (FFA)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Fine Arts BUT|
| || ||To obtain historic-theoretical background which can be used during the solution of practical tasks.|
| || ||The history of graphic and industrial design and their formation after the World War II. The prototype of designer activities in traditional disciplines of handmade work and applied arts. The birth of the designer´s profession in the first period of the industrial revolution and its further transformations.|
|Knowledge and skills required for the course:|
| || ||For this course, a non-compulsory prerequisite is a successful passing of the course "IDDZ - History of Design 1 - Winter".|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||The history of graphic and industrial design and their formation after the World War II.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Typographic experiments from the 19th century to the World War I (Mallarmé, Apollinaire, futurism, Dadaism).
- Czech Cubism in applied arts.
- Bauhaus (1)
- Bauhaus (2).
- Russian avant-garde.
- Modernism in Holland.
- Modernism in the Czech lands and Central Europe.
- Art Deco (1).
- Art Deco (2).
- Design in the US between two world wars (1).
- Design in the US between two world wars (2).
- Final recapitulation.
- Kolesár, Z.: Kapitoly z dejín designu I a II (in Slovak)
- Meggs, P.B.: A History of Graphic Design
- Sparke, P.: Století designu (in Czech)
- Knobloch, I. - Vondráček, R.: Design v českých zemích 1900-2000: Instituce moderního designu (in Czech)
- Kolesár, Z.: Kapitoly z dejín grafického dizajnu (in Czech)
| || ||Lectures are optional.|
Exam conditions: passed written test based on explained topics, minimum result 80%.