History of Design 1
|Code:||IDDZ (FAVU DEDE1-Z)|
|Language of Instruction:||Czech|
|Guarantor:||Jakubíček Vít, Mgr. (FFA)|
|Lecturer:||Jakubíček Vít, Mgr. (FFA)|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Fine Arts BUT|
| || ||To obtain historic-theoretical background which can be used during the solution of practical tasks.|
| || ||The history of graphic and industrial design and their formation after the World War II. The prototype of designer activities in traditional disciplines of handmade work and applied arts. The birth of the designer´s profession in the first period of the industrial revolution and its further transformations.|
|Learning outcomes and competencies:|
| || ||Basic knowledge of developmental tendencies in the areas of industrial and graphic design and of their major issues and personalities.|
|Syllabus of lectures:|
- Definition of the subject "history of design" and its different interpretations. Graphics and industrial design.
- "Proto-design": Historic formation of some aspects of design in the pre-industrial era.
- The first industrial revolution, the crisis of the concept of applied arts and the birth of the designer's profession.
- The invention of lithography and birth of poster.
- The reform movement in the 2nd half of 19th century (1).
- The reform movement in the 2nd half of 19th century (2).
- Formation of art nouveau and its climax at the turn between the 19th and 20th centuries (1).
- Formation of art nouveau and its climax at the turn between the 19th and 20th centuries (2).
- Formation of art nouveau and its climax at the turn between the 19th and 20th centuries (3).
- Alfons Mucha and art nouveau in the Czech lands.
- Peter Behrens and the birth of Corporate Identity.
- Early modernism.
- Sparke, P.: Století designu (in Czech)
- Meggs, P.B.: A History of Graphic Design
- Kolesár, Z.: Kapitoly z dejín designu I a II (in Slovak)
- Knobloch, I. - Vondráček, R.: Design v českých zemích 1900-2000: Instituce moderního designu (in Czech)
- Kolesár, Z.: Kapitoly z dejín grafického dizajnu (in Czech)
| || ||Exam conditions: passed written test based on explained topics, minimum result 80%.|