The topic focuses algorithms of image and video processing. Its main goal is to research algorithms so that their features and application possibilities are better understood, so that they are deeply analyzed, so that they are improved or newly created, and so that they are efficiently implemented e.g. in CPU, in CPU with acceleration through SSE instructions, in embeded systems, in embedded systems with FPGA, or in other systems. The programming work is expected in C, C++, C#, assembly language, CUDA, OpenCl, or VHDL. The algorithms of interest include:
- recognition of scene contents, events, and general semantics of video sequences,
- classification of video sequences through deep convolution networks neural networks, space-time features, etc.,
- object tracking in video using modern methods (such as TLD or particle tracking)
- assessment of video content similarities and its contents e.g. through mutual information, semantics analysis,
- new algorithms of video Processing suitable e.g. for mobile technology and/or embedded systems,
- algorithms of video compression and analysis through frequency or wavelet transforms or similar methods...
After mutual agreement, individually selected algorithms can be considered as well as soon as they do belong to the general topic.