Doc. Ing. Jan Kořenek, Ph.D.
- 2018 - Doc. (assoc. prof. degree) theme of the work "Hardware Acceleration in Computer Networks".
- 2010 - PhD. Information Technology, Faculty of Information Technology, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
- 2003 - Ing. (Master of Science in Computer Engineering), Faculty of Information Technology,TU Brno, Czech Republic.
- 1998 - 2003 Faculty of Information Technology, TU Brno, Czech Republic.
- 2018 - associate professor at Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology
- 2014 - co-founder of open-source project BeeeOn.
- 2012 - Head of TMC Department at CESNET, z.s.p.o, Liberouter project. The department is focused on tools for network monitoring, security and configuration. The gradual expansion of research projects (from 0 to 12) and research staff (from 10 to 50) in 5 years.
- Since 2009 leader of Accelerated Network Technology research group (ANT@FIT)
- 2007 - co-founder of INVEA-TECH company, Brno University of Technology and Masaryk University Spin-Off. Now two successful companies: Flowmon Networks and Netcope Technologies.
- 2005 - Assistant professor at Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology.
- 2003 - 2010 leader of hardware design group, Cesnet, z.s.p.o., Liberouter project
- Hardware acceleration of algorithms using FPGA
- Time critical algorithms in computer networks: packet classification, pattern matching, longest prefix matching, etc.
- Netowrk security and monitoring
- Design of new appliances for high speed networks
- Embedded systems
Accelerated Network Technologies at FIT:
- 2018 - Minister of the Interior award for outstanding results in the area of security research. Principal investigator and team leader of Smart Application Aware Embedded Probe.
- 2016 - Industrie Prize in the Czech Head competition for the COMBO-CG card. The card is one of the world first hardware acceleration card for the 100 Gbps networks. It has been developed in the scope of the DMON100 project, where I was principal investigator and co-author of the card. The COMBO-CG card has been also selected as an Excellent RIV result.
- 2016 - Best cooperation of the year 2016, 2nd place for the DMON100 project. Principal investigator of the project "Distributed System for Complex Monitoring of High-Speed Networks (DMON100)", research project funded by Technology Agency of Czech Republic, CESNET.
- 2015 - Best cooperation of the year 2015, special prize of the Technology Agency. Leader of the development team, which has realised IP core for application development support on the heterogenous platforms.
- 2012 - Bronze Medal of the Faculty of Information Technology. Award for scientific results, projects and contract research.
Awards to my students:
- Award of prof. Jana Hlavičky for Ph.D. students, supervisor:
- 2014: Ing. Lukáš Kekely, supervisor.
- 2013: Ing. Jiří Matoušek, supervisor.
- 2011: Ing. Viktor Puš, supervisor specialist.
- 2011: Ing. Vlastimil Košař, supervisor specialist.
- 2010: Ing. Jan Kaštil, supervisor specialist.
- Awards of master theses, supervisor:
- 2013: Ing. Lukáš Kekely, ACM SPY Competition, 2nd place.
- 2013: Ing. Lukáš Kekely, ICT Master Thesis of the Year, 1st place.
- 2008: Ing. Viktor Puš, Master Thesis of the Year, 2nd place.
- 2008: Ing. Viktor Puš, ACM Student Research Competition, 2nd place.
- 2008: Ing. Petr Kobierský, IT Master Thesis of the Year, 1st place.
- 2008: Ing. Jiří Tobola, IT Master Thesis of the Year, Profinet price.
Program committee member:
- FPL - International Conference on Field-Programmable Logic and Applications. (2011 - 2019)
- PAD - Doctoral Workshop on Computer Architectures and Diagnostic (2008-2012, 2014 - 2016)
- AIMS - Autonomous Infrastructure, Management and Security (2012 - 2017)
- MEMICS - Annual Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science (2014)
- ARCS - Architecture of Computing Systems (2013)
Organizing committee member:
- MEMICS 2014 - Doctoral Workshop on Mathematical and Engineering Methods in Computer Science, Telč, CZ, Hardware Track Chair.
- FPL 2009 - International Conference on Field-Programmable Logic and Applications, Prague, CZ, PhD Forum Chair.
- Xilinx Professor Workshop 2009 - Embedded Linux on Xilinx MicroBlaze, Brno, CZ, Workshop Chair.
- NetFPGA Workshop 2008, 2009 - One-day NetFPGA Workshop, Brno, CZ, Workshop Chair.
My favorite links: